Accepting Applications for Administrative Assistant (CLOSED)
The Gravette Police Department is seeking applicants for the full-time position of administrative assistant. Applications are available at City Hall or on the City's website under the 'About' tab. Completed applications can be submitted at City Hall or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Department: Police Department
Reports to: Chief of Police
Pay range: $15.50-$16.50/hour
The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT works under the general direction of the Chief of Police and with the Patrol Officers and is responsible for maintaining the job requirements of the office.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1) Control Lobby traffic: assist citizens that need information and/or assistance.
2) Telephone: answer and assist citizens that need information and/or assistance. Dispatch emergency & non-emergency information to the Patrol Officers.
3) Budget: create, maintain, and balance monthly. Create POs for needed budget items. Follow the track of PO until paid.
4) Warrants: fill out entry sheets for new warrants, send to BCSO for entry, and verify entry is correct when complete. Complete monthly validation sheets from ACIC. Process served warrants and maintain warrant spreadsheet. Confirm active warrant for field officers.
5) Court Trial docket: collect reports listed on docket, send reports to prosecuting attorney. Post list for officers. Collect subpoenas for court and distribute to officers to be served.
6) Grants: research, submit, and maintain reporting on grants.
7) File: written citations, served warrants, CR files, POs, etc.
8) Perform background checks for HUD and governmental agencies.
9) Process and deliver monthly reports for city council meetings.
10) Running various errands, including taking completed ticket books to court, picking up print outs at Cencom, delivering reports to prosecutors, etc.
11) Records: create and maintain miscellaneous spreadsheets and records such as citations, comp/vacation time, CR log, ticket/warning book log, door key card log, business owners after hours contact list, and department roster.
12) Maintains contact with the general public, court officials, suppliers, vendors, and other city officials in the performance of activities.
13) Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT has frequent contact with Department personnel, other law enforcement agencies, businesses, and the general public, and occasional contact with schools and civic organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of general office skills.
Knowledge of computer skills such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge of the criminal justice system.
Ability to work with the public.
Ability to work well in stressful situations.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to maintain confidential information.
Be a citizen of the United States.
Possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license.
Possess the formal education equivalent of a high school diploma.
Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon approval of the Chief of Police.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The City of Gravette is an equal opportunity employer and provider.