Accepting Applications for Administrative Assistant
The Gravette Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of administrative assistant. A job description and application is available at City Hall or at www.gravettear.com. Applications can be returned to City Hall or emailed to email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
PAY RANGE: Starts at $15.50/hour
The ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT works under the general direction of the Chief of Police and with the Patrol Officers and is responsible for maintaining the job requirements of the office.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1) Control Lobby traffic: assist citizens that need information and/or assistance. Contact officer if needed or deliver message to officer.
2) Telephone: answer and assist citizens that need information and/or assistance. Also Dispatch emergency & non-emergency information to the Patrol Officers.
3) Budget: create, maintain, and balance monthly. Create PO’s for needed budget items. Follow the track of PO’s until paid.
4) Warrants: enter, delete, and maintain all active warrants through ACIC. Complete monthly validations from ACIC. Processes served warrants and maintain warrant spreadsheet. Confirm active warrant for field officers.
5) Court Trial docket: send monthly docket to officers, relay messages from prosecuting attorney to officers. Post list for officers. Collect subpoenas for court and distribute to officers to be served.
6) Grants: research, submit, and maintain reporting on grants.
7) File: written citations, served warrants, CR files, PO’s, etc.
8) Perform background checks for HUD and governmental agencies.
9) Process report requests: from citizens, insurance companies, etc.
10) Running various errands, including taking completed ticket books to Court, picking up print outs at Cencom, delivering reports to prosecutors, shop for office supplies, etc.
11) Excel spreadsheet records; create and maintain miscellaneous spreadsheets and records such as, citations, comp / vacation time, CR log, Ticket/Warning book log, door key card log, gas receipts, and department roster.
12) Maintains contact with the general public, court officials, suppliers, vendors, and other city officials in the performance of activities.
13) Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
The ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT has frequent contact with Department personnel, other law enforcement agencies, businesses, and the general public, and occasional contact with schools and civic organizations.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of general office skills
Knowledge of computer skills such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge of the criminal justice system.
Knowledge and certified user of ACIC/NCIC database system
Knowledge of accounting
Ability to write and maintain grants
Ability to work with the public.
Ability to work well in fast paced, stressful situations.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Be a citizen of the United States.
Possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license.
Possess the formal education equivalent of a high school diploma.
Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon approval of the Chief of Police.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.